Effective May 29, 2021, the Commonwealth’s face-covering order will be lifted, and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) will update the mask requirement throughout the state. This means that we will no longer have to wear masks when running errands or going out to eat but we will need to remain cognizant that, regardless of your vaccination status, face-coverings WILL BE REQUIRED in the following settings:
- When taking public or private transportation (trains, taxis, buses etc)
- Inside K-12 public schools, collaboratives, approved special education schools
- Inside childcare programs and daycares
- At health care facilities and provider offices
- During health care rehabilitative day programs and when receiving rehabilitative/health care services
- In congregate care scenarios
- Care in the community
The lifting of the mask mandate does not impact ABC Home Healthcare Professionals and our workers in any way. Protocols and processes will still remain the same- regardless of vaccination status, masks must be worn at all times by both the caregiver AND the client when any patient-facing care is provided within the home.
If you have any questions on the additional safety precautions ABC is taking to keep clients and workers safe, please call the office at 781-245-1880 to learn more!