Celebrating Seniors’ Independence
As we age, many things change but what doesn’t change is our desire for independence. Many seniors wish to age-in-place but find that they struggle with certain, everyday tasks that once were second nature to them. These tasks, also referred to as Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), can be any of the following:
- Getting dressed or undressed
- Going to the bathroom
- Showering, bathing, washing one’s face, brushing one’s teeth, washing one’s hands, clipping one’s nails or brushing one’s hair
- Eating and preparing meals
- Walking around the house or yard, getting in or out of bed, going up or down the stairs and getting from one place to another
- Driving to run errands or get groceries and bringing those groceries in the house and putting them away
- Housekeeping duties such as laundry, surface cleaning, washing floors, vacuuming, dusting etc.
- Remembering to take medication and keep track of it
Losing the ability to perform basic functions of daily life and struggling with ADLs can be frustrating. No one necessarily likes having to depend on others for help, and no matter how generous family members and/or friends may be, there may come a point where one requires more assistance.
This is where a home care agency like ABC comes in…
ABC Home Healthcare Professionals offers a variety of services such as companionship, shopping, homemaking, personal care, medication management, respite care, nursing and more! These services can be for any number of hours or days that you need. The best part about home care is YOU have the control of the services you or your loved one needs. We support YOUR independence and put the power in YOUR hands because we firmly believe that YOU should have control of how YOU want to age!
At ABC Home Healthcare Professionals, we are committed to life at home and exist to support you in your desire to remain living safely and independently wherever it is that you call home. Call us today (781-245-1880) to learn how we can help you gracefully age-in-place!
Learn more about resources to help you safely age in place and affording home care>>>