Elder Law Attorneys: They’re Not Your Average Attorneys
Just as there are specialists in the healthcare field, there are attorneys who are specialists in designated tracks. There are real estate attorneys, personal injury attorneys and so many others! Perhaps, one of the most important attorneys you will want to know is an elder law attorney. Elder law attorneys
The below list are just some of the many issues that an elder law attorney can advise and provide sound guidance on:
- Incapacity planning and establishing financial and medical powers of attorney
- Tax planning
- Estate planning and asset management (especially during incapacity and upon death)
- Medicaid Planning
- Retirement planning and your future care plans – helping you decide how to best afford in-home care should you wish to age-in-place in the comfort of your own home or other long-term care sure as Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs), Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs)/Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs)
- Social security (SSDI & SSI)
- Special Needs Planning
- Conservatorship and Guardianship
- Asset protection/trust planning as well as overall estate and trust administration
- Elder abuse and exploitation
While there may be lawyers who are not certified elder law attorneys who can help you draw up will and trust documents, elder law issues can be very complex so you want to ensure you are dealing with an attorney that truly knows all of the in’s and out’s of the elder care world.
For helpful tips on hiring a qualified an elder law attorney, read our 5 Smart Tips for Hiring a Qualified Elder Law Attorney.
Need a recommendation?
You can always visit the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) website to find a certified elder law attorney in your area. However, if you would prefer working with someone with a proven track record, we at ABC Home Healthcare Professionals work closely with a few elder law attorneys who have received stellar reviews from our clients and their families. While there are so many wonderful elder law attorneys in the area, consider reaching out to the following:
- Patrick Curley or Lucy Budman – Curley Law Firm (Wakefield)
- Michael Monteforte – Monteforte Law, PC (Woburn)
- Catherine Barton-Rossetti, MacLean Holloway Doherty & Sheehan PC (Reading/Peabody)
- Julie Low – The Law Offices of Julie Low (Beverly)
- Kimberly Butler Rainen – The Law Offices of Kimberly Butler Rainen (Andover)
As always, your friends at ABC Home Healthcare Professionals are always here to help you navigate the elder care world and help you achieve your aging-in-place goals.
For more information, email email@example.com and a member of our staff will reach out to you as soon as possible to further discuss.